Fernandes & Charest, P.C. is a certified public accounting firm located in Southeastern Massachusetts that’s seeking a staff accountant to provide tax and accounting services working closely with senior staff. We provide a culture that values work/life balance, very competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and flexible schedules.
The candidate’s responsibilities include the following:
· Preparation of individual, corporate, and partnership tax returns
· Write up work
· Tax planning for business and individual clients
· Performing preparation, compilation and review engagements for closely held businesses
in a variety of industries
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
· 2 – 5 years’ experience in public accounting
· Quickbooks experience strongly preferred
· Experience with CCH Profx Tax, Fixed Assets and Engagement strongly preferred
· Strong verbal and written communication skills a must
· Must be able to meet deadlines and work well in a challenging environment
· Strong attention to detail
· Time management skills
· CPA candidate or CPA track preferred
About Fernandes & Charest, P.C.
Fernandes & Charest, P.C. (corporation) is a small local firm and was established on January 1, 1991 upon the merger of the practices of Bruce E. Fernandes, CPA and Terrance A. Charest, CPA. Bruce has a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from the University of Massachusetts (Dartmouth), a Masters Degree in Taxation from Bryant College and has been in the practice of public accounting since 1981. Terrance A. Charest, CPA, a founding partner, retired from the firm on December 31, 2014.
To provide the finest auditing, accounting, tax and management advisory services.
To offer service in small and medium sized communities, in the southeastern New England area, as well as in its large cities.
To be associated with today's finest growing companies, and to help each client reach their maximum potential.
To contribute to our community and the profession to which we belong.
Finally, we believe in the value of relationships. We view every client relationship like a partnership, and truly believe that our success is a result of your success.