David Weise and Associates (DWA) is a full service business management firm proud to service the best in the industry. We are highly regarded for being an energetic firm with the perfect blend of youthful enthusiasm and veteran experience.
Our clients are from all realms of the entertainment industry, including a wide variety of musicians, actors, writers, directors, producers, executives, and other entertainment-related companies. We pride ourselves on a hands-on approach when working with clients, ensuring that their input and requests are our top priority.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, this team-orientated position is responsible for supporting all areas of tax related to client management. This includes, but is not limited to, tax compliance, administration and resolution, financial statement analysis, and client reporting. The Staff Accountant plays a key role in the success of the firm by ensuring timely and accurate tax reporting and collaborating with the client service team toward common goals.
• Prepares multi-state income tax returns for individuals, corporations, and partnerships, including related workpapers.
• Prepares tax projections and quarterly estimates using BNA.
• Prepares year-end corporate closeouts and determines withholding requirements.
• Prepares client meeting packages.
• Reviews and corrects general ledgers in conjunction with other departments.
• Corresponds with government agencies in response to tax notifications and/or audit inquiries.
• Researches tax issues and proposes solutions applicable to client transactions.
• Works closely with bookkeeping and touring departments on transactional results.
• Attends CPE and in-house tax workshops.
• Works extended hours as needed.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Exposure to, or basic understanding of, income taxes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent experience) preferred.
• Demonstrated progress towards earning CPA, and/or Enrolled Agent is preferred.
Previous experience preparing entity and individual income tax returns.
Solid understanding of accounting principles.
Exposure to entity and individual multi-state income taxation rules.
Tax research and interpretation of Federal and StateRevenue Codes.
Able to think critically and problem solve.
Able to prioritize and manage time while working on multiple projects.
Communicate effectively and professionally with all levels within the firm.
Professional and consistent in character.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Windows, Lacerte, and BNA.
About David Weise and Associates
DWA is a full service business management firm proud to service the best in the industry. We are highly regarded for being an energetic firm, with the perfect blend of youthful enthusiasm and veteran experience.
Our clients are from all realms of the entertainment industry, including a wide variety of musicians, actors, athletes, writers, directors, producers and other entertainment-related companies and executives.
We pride ourselves on the hands-on approach that we take when working with our clients, making sure that their input and requests are our top priority.