This position provides control oversight through the effective management of audits of Signet’s complex financial, operational, Sarbanes Oxley, and compliance areas. The role will be responsible for the implementing an integrated holistic audit approach integrating information technology and data analytics to evaluate whether the operational and/or functional controls are consistent with Signet policies and procedures.
The Manager, Internal audit is an independent strong starter with attention to detail, drive to accomplish goals and focus on quality results. This individual has strong communication skills, the ability to multitask and work with cross function teams.
1. Responsible for managing complex audits and special projects, performing critical project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, reviewing and reporting the work of the audit team including the evaluation of key risks, establishing audit objectives, and development of audit programs to evaluate the effectiveness of the company’s internal controls including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements.
2. Ability to identify and assess the impact of control deficiencies. Preparation of complex audit reports using advance writing skills and work with management to ensure corrective actions address root causes and process improvement recommendations are beneficial/value added. Present recommendations to management through status updates and closing meetings, and, perform follow-up on management’s action plan.
3. Participation in recruiting and hiring activities. Day to day supervision of internal audit team including training, coaching and mentoring of audit practices including performance evaluation process.
4. Development of procedures, priorities and programs for achieving audit objectives and goals. Ability to stay abreast of best practices as well as emerging professional standards, regulatory initiatives, accounting and retail industry trends and threats both internal and external to provide conduit for introducing those to the company and department. Advocate the standard audit practice and methodology ensuring quality and consistency in accordance with IIA standards.
5. Participate in the annual risk assessment and development of the annual audit plan. Administrative responsibilities associated with the overall project management of the annual audit plan including assistance with Audit Committee reporting.
6. Support and/or lead data analysis projects. Identify areas where data analytics can augment the annual audit plan. These data analytics projects can be either ad hoc or ongoing/continuous monitoring in nature. Mentor/coach the audit team in the areas of data analytics.
7. Stay abreast of and provide consultative input on major change initiatives as part of the company’s strategic initiatives. Develop and maintain knowledge of emerging professional standards, regulatory initiatives and retail, industry trends and threats.
Education Required: Bachelors degree in Accounting, or related discipline; CPA or CIA professional certification required.
Required or Acceptable Job-Related Experience: Retail business experience and/or Big 4 accounting firm experience. Experience with GAAP, and/or auditing requirements.
Years of Job-Related Experience Required: 7 – 10 years of progressive audit experience required.
Technical/Other Skills Required:
Working knowledge of data analytics software is preferred; Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills; Ability to quickly grasp concepts, analyze data and draw conclusions based on sound judgement; Ability to apply creative and innovating thinking; Ability to work independently and multitask; Solid project management skills; Strong negotiation and conflict management skills.
Performs additional duties and projects as assigned.
Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
Internal Number: 13906
About Signet Jewelers
Signet Jewelers is the world’s largest retailer of diamond jewelry, with over 3,500 stores and Design & Service Centers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada. Our brands include Kay Jewelers, the #1 Jewelry Store in America; Zales, the Diamond Store; Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry; Piercing Pagoda; Peoples Jewellers, the Diamond Store since 1919; and H.Samuel and Ernest Jones, the #1 and #2 jewelry retailers in the United Kingdom. Signet also operates JamesAllen.com.