We are seeking a Vice President for Audit to join our organization. The Qualified candidate must be a dynamic & resourceful individual who has direct hands-on experience in managing and leading Audit functions.
Directly and through subordinate staff, oversees the implementation of a broad, risk-based audit plan to provide assurance that the Airports Authority has an effective system of internal controls encompassing financial, administrative, and information management (including information technology).
1) Provides strategic vision and prioritization for the Office of Audit and serves as the Airports Authority’s technical expert in the internal audit function.
(2) Develops an overall internal annual audit plan, including an annual risk assessment by assessing all audit requirements.
(3) Evaluates controls, recommends improvements, and reports results to the Risk Management Committee of the Board and the President and CEO.
(4) Serves as liaison with external auditors, the US Government Accountability Office, and the Federal Transit and Federal Aviation Administrations.
(5) Ensures legal and regulatory compliance and ethical and customer service-oriented operation of all assigned functions, programs, and services.
(6) Conducts performance audits and issues audit reports.
(7) Attends Board meetings, senior staff meetings, and other policy or administrative meetings.
(7) Performs a wide range of related functions as assigned, including but not limited to, reviewing and reporting on allegations of fraud, waste and abuse reported by hotline.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1) A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics, or related field.
2) Twelve years of progressively responsible experience in auditing, with an emphasis in accounting.
Note: Eight of the twelve years of experience must include preparing or reviewing internal and external financial statements and reports; preparing audit policies and plans, including risk assessments; conducting internal or external audits; assessing fiscal controls, policies, and practices of an organization; and implementing Government Accounting Standards Board standards, IRS regulations, Federal government contracting and reporting requirements, and IIA Standards.
3) Four of the twelve years of experience must include working with senior managers and officials of a public sector organization or publicly-traded company.
4) Must have experience as a second level or higher supervisor of auditing professionals.
5) State licensure and Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
6) A state driver’s license in good standing.
The qualifications listed below (if any) are preferred and may be considered in the selection process, but they are not required to be rated qualified for this job.
1) A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
2) Experience successfully implementing operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives.
3) Certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) from the Institute of Internal Auditors (North America).
How to apply: To view the qualification requirements, please visit our website www.mwaa.com and apply online.