ECS Financial Services is looking for an accountant with 2-5 years of recent public accounting experience, ideally with a small to medium-sized firm. An ideal candidate will offer experience in the preparation and/or review of audited, reviewed, and/or compiled financial statements and related financial analysis. Staff supervision, staff training, tax preparation, and/or review experience are a plus.
• Plan, direct, and control the client engagement process to successful completion • Supervise and review work performed by beginning staff and interact with the principals and shareholders on client and team matters • Identify issues and recommend creative solutions to client accounting issues • Work and communicate effectively with staff, clients, shareholders, and principals to enhance their understanding of financial matters • Participate in the billing and collection process • Pursue opportunities to provide additional services; pursue leads and retain clients • Contribute to our staff’s understanding of GAAP and the general business world • Develop and maintain productive working relationships with staff and client personnel and assess clients' needs and satisfaction • Demonstrate an understanding of accounting, tax ,and attestation concepts and apply them to client situations • Oversee fieldwork, planning, and execution on client engagements • Serve as an on-site client and staff resource and support progress against project milestones to help ensure timely delivery of engagements
Additional Salary Information: • Business expense reimbursement
• 401K with profit sharing
• Blue Cross Medical, dental & vision insurance
• New client incentive program of approximately 25% of collections on an ongoing basis
• Choice of flextime or incentive compensation for overtime
• Fast-track to position of Principal and/or Partner/Shareholder
About ECS Financial Services
ECS Financial was started in 1962 as a traditional accounting firm. Today, more than five decades later, ECS has expanded into a full-service accounting firm that offers so much more than traditional accounting. Located in Northbrook, Illinois, a northern suburb of Chicago, ECS works with clients world-wide.
At ECS, we are driven by our mission to provide our clients with world-class services. From the leasing industry, to corporate and individual tax, our clients benefit from our staff of experts who not only listen, but take the time to thoroughly understand their needs and objectives. You get the experience and capability of a large-scale accounting firm, with the personal attention of a small business.