Advisory Financial Services Digital Tech, DevOps Engineer-Sr Associate
May 29, 2018
New York, New York
Full Time - Experienced
Bachelors or equivalent
PwC/LOS Overview PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready - to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.
Job Description The Financial Services industry is operating in a challenging environment due to global economic pressure, increasing regulatory demands and capital requirements, and significant operational and technology changes. Our growing Financial Services Advisory team provides strategy, management, technology and risk consulting services to help major financial institutions around the world respond to their most complex business challenges. The Financial Services Advisory practice is composed of three industry sectors: Asset Management, Banking and Capital Markets, and Insurance.
Our Application Technology consultants provide an end to end solution offering including Application Development and Integration, Application Architecture, custom IoT and mobile solutions, User Experience, Quality Management and Testing, Business Process Management and helping clients determine the best applications for their business needs and integrate new and existing applications into their business including Mobility integration. This high performing team works with various types of technologies and software framework such as
Java, .Net, iOS, HTML5, ESBs, advises on the software development life-cycle, and helps architect and develop specific applications for clients. Additionally, they assist with integration of new applications and quality management and testing.
The DevOps (DO) Engineers are responsible for designing and developing for continuous integration and continuous deployments using tools such as Jenkins, Git, and Maven.
Position/Program Requirements Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 2
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Application, or relevant field.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in software deployment, version management, and release management processes such as design and development of automation templates for infrastructure provisioning, configuration, and change management, including the following areas:
- Creating wireframes and fidelity diagrams on tools like Axure RP, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle etc.;
- Designing and developing automation templates for infrastructure provisioning, configuration, and change management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt;
- Designing and developing scripts for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployments;
- Leveraging Docker and other containerization strategies;
- Leveraging collaboration platforms such as JIRA, Confluence, and Wiki; and,
- Defining DevOps industry leading practices for application teams and assisting them in the continuous improvement of application deployments.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success learning and performing in functional and technical capacities, including the following areas:
- Leveraging Agile software development practices and tools, such as Atlassian JIRA, and Confluence;
- Building processes and tools like Ant, Gradle, and Artifactory;
- Provisioning configuration management and containerization solutions such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Mesos or similar technologies;
- Demonstrating knowledge of web service standards such as WSSE and technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, UDDI, REST, JSON); and,
- Demonstrating production experience in Cloud platforms such as AWS, Openstack, Azure, or Bluemix.