PwC/LOS Overview PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready - to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.
Job Description The Financial Services industry is operating in a challenging environment due to global economic pressure, increasing regulatory demands and capital requirements, and significant operational and technology changes. Our growing Financial Services Advisory team provides strategy, management, technology and risk consulting services to help major financial institutions around the world respond to their most complex business challenges. The Financial Services Advisory practice is composed of three industry sectors: Asset Management, Banking and Capital Markets, and Insurance.
Our IT Infrastructure consultants help clients optimize their technology infrastructure by transforming the way their infrastructure delivers capabilities and services to meet the business's strategic goals. This high performing team advises clients on all elements of their information technology infrastructure from data center technologies and cloud to IT service management. They also address areas such as infrastructure architecture, networking and end-user services, and disaster recovery.
Our high performing Digital Cloud team helps our clients focus on recognizing business drivers and goals for digital and cloud adoption, leveraging our experience to design and implement flexible and forward-thinking solutions to assist them through complex digital and cloud transformations.
Our services include developing strategy and roadmaps that aide our clients with the pivot to an agile service-based organization that is nimble and responsive, performing readiness assessments, designing targeting operating models for a digital and cloud ready organization, developing target state architectures, fit-for-purpose cloud vendor evaluations, transitions and migrations to the cloud, and cloud operations.
Position/Program Requirements Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or related field
Certification(s) Preferred: AWS Certified SysOps Administrator or DevOps Engineer Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Google Certified Professional - G Suite Administrator Certified OpenStack Administrator
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in a role that supports strategy and roadmap development, and design and development of Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Software-as-a-Service cloud platforms that extend to private and public cloud deployment models.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success, emphasizing the following areas:
- Serving in a specialist role in a project related to Cloud Management Platforms, Virtualization Strategies, Automation and Orchestration Strategies, Public Cloud Platforms, Cloud Capacity/Performance Optimization, and Application Migrations to a Cloud Platform with a clear understanding of how an IT organization deploys technology to support the business;
- Understanding of concepts related to IT Architecture, Engineering, Operations, Security and Digital adoption;
- Applying DevOps related concepts and how those concepts can be applied towards developing solutions for our clients;
- Developing strategy as well as writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently to all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management including creating course materials, presentation slides, practice marketing materials, change management plans, project plans, workshops for various internal and external clients and audience levels;
- Leveraging IT strategy, roadmaps, architecture, engineering, operations, policy/processes/ best common practices, innovation and program delivery;
- Conducting project engagements including meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members, serving as a mentor and role-model to junior staff members, and keeping leadership informed of progress and project related issues; and,
- Assisting clients to establish a technology direction/implementation while inspiring team members to create a positive atmosphere that encourages improvement and innovation.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success emphasizing the following areas:
- Applying subject matter specialization related to digital platforms or IT infrastructure; training in cloud container services (e.g. ECS), storage services (e.g. EBS), and database services (e.g. RDS);
- Implementing major infrastructure management platforms (e.g. BMC, HP, CA, VMWare, etc.), service catalog, virtualization, automation, and orchestration (e.g. Chef, Puppet) and public cloud vendors (e.g. AWS, Rackspace, Google Cloud Platform, Azure and Office 365 etc.);
- Identifying and addressing client needs including developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify new service opportunities, preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials, and defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection; and,
- Communicating technical concepts in a clear manner both verbally and in writing, to advance business initiatives.